where you are
What We Believe
We believe that the Bible is the foundation for both our faith and practice. In addition to affirming the historic creeds of the Church, such as the Apostles’ Creed, we believe:
- The Bible is God’s unique revelation to people. It is the inspired Word of God, providing an authoritative and trustworthy rule of faith and practice.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is God’s Son, born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, willingly took upon Himself all of our sins, died and rose again bodily, and is at the right hand of the Father. He will return to consummate history and to fulfill the eternal plan of God.
- All people are created in God’s image having an innate value and dignity but alienated from God by sin and justly subject to God’s wrath.
- Salvation cannot be earned through personal goodness or human effort. It is a gift that must be received by humble repentance and faith in Christ and His finished work on the cross.
- The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit, Who gives to all believers a new life and a new calling to obedient service.
- All believers are members of the Body of Christ, the one true Church universal.
As a young man, Pastor Allen Jackson made a decision to spend his life sharing with others what he had discovered to be the most abundant way to live. He has invested the last 30+ years doing exactly that! When he became pastor of World Outreach Church, it was a congregation of 150 people. Under his leadership, it is now well over 10,000 and is recognized as one of the largest churches in the nation. The same transforming message that has been his mission at World Outreach Church is what launched Intend Ministries.
Since its inception in 2010, Intend Ministries has taken this mission seriously and has developed tools to take the message of God’s Word to where people live around the corner or across the globe. This is being accomplished through such avenues as creating curricula for small group Bible studies (called “God Spots”), hosting conferences and training pastors around the world, and engaging in a national and international television ministry.
Pastor Allen’s sermons are broadcast across the United States and also translated and broadcast to such places as Russia, Ukraine, and Israel. Apps have been created that permit users to read the Bible anytime, anywhere. But the ministry has not stopped there. Intend Ministries has published several books which have been disseminated around the world. Joining forces with World Outreach Church, Intend Ministries goes in person to encourage and train pastors in such places as Israel, Finland, Great Britain, South Africa, Namibia, and Canada. We are grateful for each and every person who stands with us in prayer and financial support to make this possible.
Pastor G. Allen Jackson
Allen Jackson is passionate about helping people become Christ-followers who “respond to God’s invitations for their life.”
He has served World Outreach Church in Murfreesboro, Tennessee as senior pastor since 1989. Under his leadership, the fellowship has grown to a congregation of over 10,000.
Pastor Allen’s messages are broadcast via television to over 25 million households and stream over the Internet to 139 countries. Through Intend Ministries, he coaches pastors and publishes small-group curriculum.
Pastor Allen holds degrees from Oral Roberts University and Vanderbilt University and has studied at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
World Outreach Church
Pastor Allen Jackson is the senior pastor of World Outreach Church in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Visit the church website.
The mission of World Outreach Church is to help people become more fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. Our Vision is to be a transforming place for people—across our community, throughout Middle Tennessee, and around the earth. We believe that a relationship with God is the greatest opportunity ever extended to a person. Our experience as Christ-followers should be liberating and hope filled.
- As an interdenominational congregation, World Outreach Church focuses on the beliefs that unite all Christians and is in the mainstream of the historic Christian faith. The Apostles’ Creed frames our statement of belief.
- We believe that every believer is a minister, we strive to help every person discover, develop and use their talents in ministry.
- It is our commitment to major on the major doctrines, while minoring on the minors: “In essentials unity, in non-essentials diversity, in all things charity.”
- We strive for excellence in every area of ministry.